Monday, November 3, 2008

A long 5 days...

da-da
ball
cracker
shoe
sock (ok, 'shok')
fish
door
apple ('appuh')
cookie ('cook')
beep-beep ('bee bee' or sometimes 'beep bee')
cheese ('sheez')
cay-cay (for his cousin Caitlin)

These are Freddy's first words! Naturally, you don't see 'mommy' in this list at all. Oh well. Maybe one day.

We just had a trying 5 days in Chicago, although Doug & Christine's wedding and surrounding events were incredible. Lots of wonderful tributes to Jean, heartfelt words from Billy, Doug, Mr. C., Bill (sr.), and Caroline & Celine, fabulous food, and some awesome music from the 18-piece band at the wedding. Mr. & Mrs. C couldn't have been more gracious (especially when woken up by Freddy pounding on the floor above). Freddy didn't have quite as good of a time - a cold/ear infection - we think - kept him pretty miserable the entire time, including both plane rides, and he insists on being in my arms at all times if I'm within sight. Hoping this is just a sickness-related thing and not a new phase....

Didn't take too many photos, but I'll upload a few samples tonight!

2 comments:

Iris said...

All sorry to here that Freddy was not feeling good.I'm happy to here that he is walking. I know that he is all over the place.I miss yall alot.Give Freddy a big hug for me .Talk to yall soon.XOXOXO

Rhett, Shauna, Alex & Kiara said...

So sorry to hear Freddy wasn't feeling well....it makes for a nightmare. I can't believe he is getting so big, it goes so fast! I wish they would stay little longer!

Have a good day and I hope Freddy is feeling better!