Wednesday, October 27, 2010

An Eventful Day

Yesterday marked our first snow of the year, and we woke up to a few inches of very heavy wet white stuff on the ground.  Freddy was THRILLED and excited to make a snowman and throw snowballs...starting at 5:15, right after he threw up in his bed.  I assume it's this bug going around that Liza had last Friday night, but it could also have been a) a result of his recent nighttime coughing or b) a bad reaction to some veggie juice he had last night as a special treat.  Always nice when the throw up is bright red.  Lovely way to start the day!  I set Freddy up on the couch with some towels and a big pot "just in case", but luckily he didn't need it, since Liza had a better time playing in it.

So Freddy stayed home today, and ended up feeling fine the rest of the day, as far as I can tell.  We played outside this morning after I dressed Liza in her marshmallow snow outfit and monster snow boots (no, she could not move), and we did build a tiny little snowman with a carrot nose.



While Freddy took an epic 4-hour nap, and since Liza only took a pathetic 1/2 hour nap, Liza and I made chocolate chip cookies.  Actually, she worked on destroying the kitchen and den while I baked.  I made the mistake of giving Liza a tiny fingernail-sized piece of cookie.  She has been pointing a lot lately, and you can figure out from this picture that she knew right where those cookies were and was not going to rest until she got more.  When he woke up, I offered Freddy a beater from the mixer with cookie dough, and he turned it down.  What?!? Liza is going to be my spoon-licking kid.

0 comments: