Friday, December 12, 2008

Slacker

Well, I'm usually pretty good about only skipping a day here or there with photos, but this week has been nuts and I just haven't had time to schedule a post. But many of you will actually be receiving your holiday cards before Christmas, so take that as consolation (maybe).

Bill has been really busy at work, which I think is a good thing but I know is stressful and tiring for him. I had to drive to St. George for the day (about 4 1/2 hours one way) on Wednesday for work, and Narda's daughter was sweet to babysit Freddy until Bill got home from work. I got home about 11:45. It's incredible how easily you get used to sleeping through the night again...if we have another kid one day, I'm sure it'll be a shock to have to get up all night!

We are dog-sitting our neighbors' awesome dog, Ruby, who is a springer/lab mix - I think - and is very, very well behaved. She is currently curled up in her dog bed asleep in my office while I work. Adorable. My boss just forwarded me an e-mail from someone who wants to give away their 2-year-old labradoodle. Other than the ridiculous name, they're supposed to be great dogs. Although I firmly believe in adopting dogs from animal shelters, I would be willing to bend for someone who just wants a good home for a dog (full-bred or not). After all, we had to do that with Kylie, and better this dog finds a good home than gets dumped at the shelter. We'll see if she's still available and whether we like her....

More photos to come, I promise. We're supposed to get snow this weekend, and since Freddy will now put his snow boots on, maybe we can go sledding!

0 comments: