Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Holiday House




Billy and I worked hard to get some holiday decorations up for the neighborhood party we hosted last weekend. And I promise, the tree is not as crooked as it looks here! But it's the biggest we've ever had, so parents: take note, we could use some new ornaments. It turns out the two big tupperwares of Christmas stuff we have might not be enough. I made the wreath on our front door in a class last Thursday (I do realize, Mary, that I'm opening myself up to some Martha Stewart jokes here) - not perfect, but it wasn't as hard as I would have thought and I'm pretty proud of my results!

So far, Freddy hasn't been too destructive with the tree. The worst thing that's happened is that his ball has rolled under it and he's gotten a little curious about the ornaments. The non-breakables are down low, and it's cute when he plays with them a little. Oh, and he did dump out the watering can I was using to keep the tree stand full. But that's not really his fault - I did leave a half-full can on the floor in plain view (duh). Last Saturday, we were lighting candles in advance of the party, and he pulled a lit candle off the table. Luckily Bill was standing right there. We're learning lessons left and right (albeit VERY obvious ones)!

2 comments:

Em said...

great looking house & wreath. the inside of ours is all decorated. now if only i can talk t into decorating the outside :)

Unknown said...

hmm, wreath on the front door, garland on the front banister, colored lights on the tree, looks familiar....i am just bustin' V, house looks great, can't wait to get out there.