Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Freddy's Reaction


We've told many of you about this already, but here's what happened at the ultrasound a week ago Thursday. We intended to NOT find out the sex of the baby in the clinic room, but to have the tech write it down, put it in an envelope, and open the envelope somewhere special in Montana. But as the ultrasound tech was telling me not to look at the screen (I thought she just meant I'd be able to tell from the photo), she was typing FEM, and I saw it. So yes, I ruined the surprise. But I REALLY didn't intend to! So afterwards, I said "Freddy, are you ready to have a new baby sister?" Now granted, he had been patiently sitting through about 30 minutes of ultrasound scanning, lying next to me on the little bed, being VERY good. And I don't think he had any real idea what I was asking. But he promptly paused, and said in a very dramatic, upset voice, "I don't want it!!" and burst out crying. Naturally, this statement totally cracked the rest of us up, which made him cry for another 10 min. Here's what happened in photo evidence - sorry you have to also see my shiny, lying-down preggo belly. I promise it looks better in real life. Freddy thought the ultrasound gel was delicious.

0 comments: