Well, no new photos today. There are some on the camera, but not yet downloaded, so you'll just have to be ok with a verbal report today....
All in all, I'd say we had a good weekend! The weather was good (blue skies, although the inversion pollution is creeping back in). Bill had a 24-hour bug that kept him on his back for, well, 24 hours. Although I wasn't feeling great early in the weekend, Freddy seems ok - for now. I took F to the children's museum downtown on Saturday, where we met up with some other friends. It was his first time there, and after he got over his initial paralysis brought on by being completely and totally overwhelmed by the amount of fun things to do and the number of kids there, he had a great time for about two hours. I'll upload some photos as soon as I can, although I know they won't capture the insane fun that is the Gateway Museum. I think it's most ideal for kids who are a little bit older (at least 2), but F definitely had fun. They have a membership special going on now, so I went ahead and joined because you make up the membership fee with 5 visits.
I got to hit the gym while Freddy and Bill napped, which is always a happy day.
We had a mellow Sat. movie night with Bill still on the couch, but by Sunday we were all feeling well enough for our regular Sunday ski day. Freddy had a great time at Olivia and Tripp's house - their playroom (courtesy of our friends Michael and Robin) is like a kids' museum all by itself! They have a lot of cool toys, and F was in heaven. Then we stayed there to watch the superbowl. Or, at least, it was on TV and we caught glimpses of the game as we played with the 5 kids who were there. So much for my dreams of watching all the commercials.... Oh, and I discovered that Freddy might be the only kid in the world who really isn't interested in pizza.
I got a nice long conversation in with Mary (sister) while at our friends' house last nightk, which might have been rude, but we haven't talked in so long and I was happy to hear that she and Erik had a rare nice weekend away at a cabin in western Virginia. Big thanks to Mom and Jack (brother) for helping take care of their kids so they could get away on a SERIOUSLY DESERVED break!
All in all, a solid weekend, and everyone is more or less healthy this morning! (knocking on wood right now)
Monday, February 2, 2009
The Up and Down Weekend
Posted by Virginia G at 10:58 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment